Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Murdered RTI activist’s legacy to be kept alive

For Bhikhubhai Jethwa, father of slain Right to Information (RTI) activist and
environmentalist Amit Jethwa, the government's move to provide protection to
whistle-blowers has come too late. "I have already lost my son who was so passionate about RTI," he says. Bhikhubhai was referring to the draft Public Interest Disclosure and Protection to Persons Making the Disclosure Bill, 2010, that was cleared by the cabinet on Monday. "The government should have thought about protecting whistle-blowers in 2005 itself when the Right to Information Act was brought in. If such a provision was there, many whistle-blowers wouldn't have lost their lives," Bhikhubhai says. The proposed Bill empowers the Central Vigilance Commission to penalize peoplerevealing the identity of whistle-blowers. Amit Jethwa was shot dead on 20 July near the Gujarat high court in Ahmedabad by two unidentified men. "Political forces are behind his murder," alleges Bhikhubhai.

Labels: , ,

Complete Article
Comments:
Respected Bhikhubhai ji SAT SRI AKAL, i bow my head before u, who happens to be a proud father of person who has sacrificed his life for the service of humankind . though in the present scenario the cuuld'nt understand his sacrifice but i am sure that the day will come the the people will understsnd his sacrifice his sacrifice and will be compelled to say " Shaheedon Ki Chitaon Pe Lagaigein har baras yeh mailey Wattan pey marney walaon ka yayi akhri nishan hoga"As an RTI activist I salute to mr Jethwa, a martyr. Bikhuji if u realy love him please try to see Jethwa in me and in all other Sincere RTI activist of the country, who are also paasionate about RTI. I am one amongst them and I pray to god that he should give u the courage to bear this irreparable loss. He is an icon for me . Bhikhubhai Ji though, I am the only son having seven sisters, I have decided to dedicate myself for the service of humankind irrespective of caste colour & creed. I have asked my family that if i have been killed on my mission, to bring about transparency & accountability, don't weep, instead feed proud to be in relatiopn with me.
With Regards
Balvinder Singh
Convener. SANGARSH, RTI MOVEMENT IN JK
CONT. No. 9419195295. E:mail : JKRTIACT2009@GMAIL.COM  
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]