Monday, July 19, 2010

Car breakdown or accident on toll highway? Seek free help

The next time you lose your way or suffer a car breakdown on a toll highway, don't panic. You can contact the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) which is duty-bound to come to the rescue of motorists on toll roads, a Right to Information (RTI) query has revealed. It's not just route patrol services that you can use. A tow-away crane, ambulance and fire tender too have to be provided by the agency that collects toll from motorists in need, the query revealed. The RTI application was filed by Vedpal, a resident of south Delhi, after he was charged illegally by the NHAI authorities for getting his vehicle removed from the toll road after an accident


Complete Article
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]